Coming Up for Air

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

John Cole over at Balloon Juice does a nice little "while I was away" piece. Pretty much sums up the fun I was missing in the past week as I was swamped with 2 weeks worth of late nights and long days.

A few news thoughts of my own to add to Mr. Cole's:

1) Try this beer. It is an especially lovely dubbel that's been around for a long time. I had some last night and was reminded of what a world-class example of the style it is. Corsendonk Pater Abbey Brown Ale. Belgian goodness.

2) Finally got around to bottling, fermenting and drinking this concotion. I must say that I am quite happy with it. It has a taste quite reminiscent of Killians. But Killians, being a lager, has a more pronounced hop-up-front with a grainier malt taste overall. Mine, being an ale, brought out fruity esters and more of the malt's sweetness than its graininess. That being said, it has the hints of what makes Killians so damn likeable. So far, it's been a big hit.

3) Just heard Spyrogyra's Wrapped in a Dream the other night. Masterful. One of the key tracks is Impressions of Madrid. Absolutely beautiful music.

4) Well no shit.

That about sums it up for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  6:54 PM  

I heard Corsendunk has a Christmas beer. You tried it?

Noah 8:34 PM  

They do. I have not, but you have inspired me. If I can find it, I'll do it for my Friday Review.

Anonymous,  10:18 AM  

If you can't find the Corsendunk in Lansing, then the next most likely place is Pauly's in Lowell. Check out my review of the place on BA. I know they had Corsendunk!

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP