Smitty's Pub Upgrade, Version 2.0

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Remember a few weeks back, when I mentioned I wanted a stout faucet and nitro system, so I could finally drink certain beers the right way, like my Chocolate Milk Stout?

Let's make this a reality.

Since I doubt I can do a Kickstarter project for my own enjoyment, I thought I'd usher-in a new era here at ATK:  Beerstarter.

This is simple.  Smitty's Pub needs an upgrade; a version 2.0.  This includes a nitrogen keg system and a stout faucet so big beers can be enjoyed with those lovely cascading bubbles, and the Hell I'm living through now of suffering through pint after pint of big stouts pressurized and dispensed on a CO2 system can finally cease.

And you, dear ATK member, can be a part of it all.  You can make this happen.

How? Easy.  Pledge money towards the goal in the comments section of this and subsequent posts.  A mere $289.99 is all that's needed to re-launch Smitty's Pub.  If I get enough pledges by November 31, 2012 (a time after which I will have brewed and started fermenting Nestle's Nemesis), we'll get the system.

Why?  Because when the pub is re-launched, and the first keg of Chocolate Milk Stout is ready on New Years Eve...You, dear member, will get an invitation to the Smitty's Pub New Years Celebration and Smittys Pub 2.0 Re-Launch Extravaganza, in which pint after pint of Nestle's Nemesis (my name for the recipe) is consumed.

I've kicked-in seed money, and will use the progress bar below.  Look!  We're just over 1/3 of the way there already!  It's like a race; when the beer is ready to be kegged...will it have to suffer CO2?  Or will a lovely canister full of Nitrogen be ready and waiting a beer worthy of its tiny, creamy bubbles?


$100; 34.5% towards drinking stouts the right way

The rest, loyal beer enthusiasts, is up to you.


10 comments:

steves 8:46 AM  

I will put in some. How do you want to do this?

steves 8:46 AM  

I will put in some. How do you want to do this?

Noah 9:59 AM  

Just "pledge" an amount here. We'll settle-up later.

steves 10:33 AM  

Put me in for $75 and I will add more if needed.

Noah 12:41 PM  

Woo Hoo!!

steves 6:28 PM  

I'm a high roller. Actually, I am in a pretty good mood. I am on the way back from a hunting trip in South Dakota. I tagged out in the second day.

Noah 9:24 AM  

I am on the way back from a hunting trip in South Dakota. I tagged out in the second day.

Awesome! Congrats!

I get my Howa 1500 30-06 from the gunsmith next week, probably Wednesday. Headed to Rose Lake next weekend to sight-in the scope to where I want it and break-in the barrel. Interested, anyone?

steves 7:40 PM  

Yes. Tell me when and I will see if I can meet you n

steves 7:41 PM  

That n was supposed to be a period. I wasn't going to call you some word that started with an "n".

Bob 12:27 PM  

Steve - There is nobody here to hear your dogwhistle.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP