I am a Health Nut

Monday, November 07, 2005

I knew it. I just knew it. This article from ABC News shows that drinking beer has healthy effects.

Apparently hops, which give beer flavor and aroma, have a compound in them that has shown in some research to help prevent cancer. Again: prevent cancer. Drinking good, hoppy beer can help fight cancer!

Now, here's the catch: most American beers, the article says, are low on hops. BUT...porter, stout and ale are high in this particular compound.

What does that mean?

It means drink microbrews!! Bud and Miller, the Shit of Beers, will kill you!! Drink craft beers and live forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8:34 PM  

From the article: "Still, no one knows how much beer is needed to reap the benefits. Mice studies show that the compound is metabolized quickly by the body, so it's hard to get a large amount in the body at one time."

I think I'd better up my daily beer consumption. You know, just to be on the safe side.

Noah 9:05 AM  

I think it justifies the need to drink while at work.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP