So Where Was I...

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back to life again.

First, I am doing a saison tasting this weekend, probably Friday or Saturday.  I plan to do a taste comparison between 3 types of my favorite summertime beer, and see which one, completely subjectively, comes out on top.  I've got a big bottle of Avery (Boulder, CO) Eighteen dry-hopped rye saison, a bottle of New Holland (Holland, MI) Golden Cap saison, and a bottle of the classic and original Saison Dupont (Belgium).  If I'm feeling frisky, I might add Ommegang (Cooperstown, NY) Hennepin to the mix.

Given my "I'm being good" diet, I will have to share these big bottles with some willing participants.  And eat mainly spinach salads all day.  Or perhaps some protein shakes.  Oh, the sacrifices I make.

Speaking of diets, I was back to the gym today.  Having the Insanity warm-up and stretching sessions memorized, I plowed into an Insanity warmup to get the heart pumping and the sweat flowing.  I have a new respect and understanding of sweat.  I used to stop at the point where sweat got "too much." Now?  If my shirt isn't see-through-soaked, I didn't work hard enough.

After the warm-up, today's Work Out of the Day (WOD) was the Lumberjack 20:

  • 20 deadlifts @ 250#
  • Run 400m (I set the pace at 8mph)
  • 20 kettlebell swings @ 2 pood (about 70 pounds)
  • Run 400m
  • 20 overhead squats @ 100# (put 100 on a bench bar, hold it over your head, do 20 squats)
  • Run 400m
  • 20 Burpees
  • Run 400m
  • 20 pullups
  • Run 400m
  • 20 box jumps (24" box)
  • Run 400m
  • 20 dumbbell squat-cleans @ 45# each dumbbell
  • Run 400m
After that, I did 5 minutes of some ab work (leg lifts and obliques), and had a nice stretch.  Was in the gym for a total of an hour, including putting stuff in a locker, getting it out when I was done, a water bottle refill at the drinking fountain, and fucking around getting the weights situated.  We're talking 60 minutes, out of the car, back in the car.  YOU CAN DO THIS, PEOPLE.

3 comments:

Bob 8:31 AM  

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I kid.
.
.
.
.
.
But I still hate you.

Noah 9:04 AM  

Just a little inspiration, man! I remember one morning getting out of the shower and looking across at the Mirror of Shame. I looked at myself, pointed, and said "fuck YOU." That day, I bought the DVDs. I started the following Monday.

Wanna help with the saison tasting?

Bob 12:03 PM  

I am not a lover of the Saison, but I always like to broaden my horizons, so heck yes to the taste test.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP