McCain is kind of like Jesus?!?!?

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Crooks and Liars has a poorly written piece on a recent speech by Georgia Republican Party chairwoman Sue Everhart.  The content of the speech was disturbing to say the least:


Georgia Republican Party chairwoman Sue Everhart said Saturday that the party’s presumed presidential nominee has a lot in common with Jesus Christ.

“John McCain is kind of like Jesus Christ on the cross,” Everhart said as she began the second day of the state GOP convention. “He never denounced God, either.”

Everhart was praising McCain for never denouncing the United States while he was being tortured as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

“I’m not trying to compare John McCain to Jesus Christ, I’m looking at the pain that was there,” she said.



I think Tony over at the Rambling Prophet 2 has a great analysis:

Well, like my dad said several times when I was growing up; "Son, now you've seen stupid."


I don't know whether to be offended or just sad. I hadn't thought I would vote for McCain and if party officials are saying this about him, my decision just got easier.

2 comments:

Tony 9:14 PM  

Heh. Thanks for the shout-out, Steve. We are still trying to figure out why someone would reach for that comparison. Insightful as always, Leighton has some fantastic comments.

B Mac 8:57 AM  

When faced with a tough decision, I often find myself asking, "WWJD"? (What Would John Do?)

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP