Oh Happy Day

Friday, July 22, 2011

I am like a kid on the last day of school. I can't concentrate. My mind is in a thousand places right now. I keep checking the clock.

Why?

Today is the Michigan Brewers Guild's Summer Beer Festival! More than 50 breweries. 450 beers to try. FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY. I might explode.

Here's the full list of breweries and the beers they're bringing. It is overwhelming. I am beside myself. Some highlights for me to hit this evening include:



  • Arbor Brewing Buzzsaw Massacre Double Dryhopped Cask Ale

  • Bastone Brewery Midnight Oil Imperial Stout

  • Bell's Spiced Stout

  • Black Lotus World Wide Wheat

  • Blue Tractor Smoked Silly Red

  • Brewery Vivant Zaison “Super” Saison

  • Corner Brewery Flamboyant Red Flemish Oak-aged Sour Red

  • Dark Horse has 6 tables; I can't list everything I want to try. So all of it. Parking there for a while

  • Founders Cashew Mountain Brown AND Devil Dancer (it's back!!)

  • Grizzly Peak La Poisson Rouge Wood-aged Red

  • Hideout Double Bubble DIPA with Bubblegum and the Cherry Mango Chile Pineapple Pilsner

  • Hopcat Sage Against The Machine Honey Sage Pale Ale and the Ville De Morte Peach Saison

  • Jolly Pumpkin Bam w/Jasmine

  • Liberty Street Clementine Lemon Thyme American Wheat

  • Mt Pleasant Sacred Gruit

  • Like everything from New Holland

  • Odd Side Firefly - Habanero and Papaya

  • Saugatuk Spring Thaw Spruce Ale

  • Schmohz Zingiberene Ginger Gruit

  • Everything from Shorts, twice


  • What else is there to say other than I better bring a lot of Gatorade and water. I'll need it.

    1 comments:

    Bob 8:51 AM  

    Next year I expect a live, video blog taste test.

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    Potential Drunks

    Search This Blog

      © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

    Back to TOP