Operation: Around The Keg Bash

Friday, January 15, 2010


Mr. Henderson has tentatively accepted our invitation to come to the Great Lakes State! Of course, the devil is in the details and the timing, so we will continue to negotiate with Rickey to make his brief trip to our cold but lovely state worthwhile.

What I see developing is an annual Around the Keg Bash, whereby ATK contributors and regulars converge on some spot and attempt, with gusto, to drink said watering hole out of beer.

I am currently in the process of finding excellent airfares and reasonably hotel rates, using some of my evil and nefarious connections.

It has also come up that a few ATK contributors are also table-top gamers. Perhaps, if there is sufficient time, Rickey could be introduced into the world of Warmachine. But we'll play that by ear, given that really this is a beer extravaganza we're talking about here, and we need to show Rickey how much fun one can get into in Michigan.

In other brief news, I transfer my Scottish 80 shilling to the secondary fermenter this weekend, and I just ordered some ingredients for what I hope will be a nice Brit ESB. And I only have 8 bottle of my Russian Imperial left. That shit goes FAST.

8 comments:

Bob 10:59 AM  

I need to brew some of that Ethiopian style coffee for you to compensate for some of the homebrewed beers you have provided.

Operation ATK bash is on. Anyone have a nickel I can borrow?

B Mac 4:00 PM  

Name the time and place. I'll be there.

Sopor 7:36 PM  

Sounds like a great idea! Can I bring a keg?

Sopor 7:37 PM  

Oh! I would also love to check out Warmachine. I'm a gamer, table-top not as much yet but I'd like to check it out =)

Rickey 8:23 PM  

Warmachine, eh? Rickey's barely had time to paint any of his Warhammer 40K figurines and now you want to add more of these tiny fuckers to the mix?!

Looking forward to working out the details of Rickey' Mitten State pilgrimage!

Mr Furious 9:15 PM  

You guys habg tight for a month or so, and I'll be back living in Ann Arbor.*

*approx. 99% certainty

steves 10:33 PM  

I doubt this will happen anytime really soon.

Rickey 10:34 AM  

Yeah, Rickey needs a few months to get the house stuff sorted out. How's your neck of the woods in May?

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP