No Beer Today

Friday, March 07, 2008

I was sick all of the weekend, then my son was sick the past 3 days. I finally got out to drink last night, and all I had was Guinness.

At any rate, Mr. Henderson tagged us with yet another meme. This one is kinda neat, though, and right up ATK contributor Joel's alley.

What I have to do is look up 15 of my favorite movies on IMDB, take a quote from each one and post them for my fellow drunks to identify. As each of you correctly identify the movies from whence they came in the comments section below, I will cross them off and acknowledge the commentor sober enough to figure each one out.

No cheating. That means no Googling, Yahooing or any other -ing that you would use. You only get your memory and your brain.

Now fortunately, I am an unsophisticated moviegoer, so you'll not be guessing over weird foreeign flicks and such.

So that's it. No beer until all the quotes are properly attributed.

In no particular order:

1) What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils? Predator (Joel)

2) Take this...wave it at anything that slithers. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (b mac)

3) Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Saving Private Ryan (b mac) Bonus points to b mac for identifying it as Private Jackson.

4) I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. Monty Python/Holy Grail (joel)

5) Yeah, I remember the first time I got shot out of a cannon. True Lies (joel)

6) Shit-eating son-of-a-bitch! Bastard, douche-bag, twat, numb-nuts, dickhead! What About Bob (joel)

7) The only thing that worried me was the actual killing. How does one do that? Hmmm? How does one kill a man? It's one thing to dream about it; very different when, when you, when you have to do it with your own hands. Amadeus (joel)

8) I'll be honest with you, I love his music, I do, I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman". Office Space (joel)

9) There's no strength left in the world of men. Lord of the Rings; Fellowship of the Ring (joel)

10) I find your lack of faith disturbing. Star Wars Episode IV (b mac)

11) Oh, you English are *so* superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me. A Fish Called Wanda (Mrs. Smitty)

12) Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled shit in Louisiana." Patton (b mac)

13) Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. What kind of hamburgers? Pulp Fiction (joel)

14) Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Animal House (b mac)

15) Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more. I have lived through others for far too long. Lancelot carried my honor, and Guenevere, my guilt. Mordred bears my sins. My knights have fought my causes. Now, my brother, I shall be... king. Excalibur (joel)

The last one's kinda a dead giveaway, but there are a zillion versions of that long-told tale. Good luck, suckers.

13 comments:

Anonymous,  10:20 AM  

I know one! And I never know this shit. #11 - A Fish Called Wanda (I have to get it in before Joel claims them all) And then can I have some beer?

B Mac 10:45 AM  

I got numbers 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, and 15.

But I don't want to spoil all the fun, so I'll hold off for a couple of hours

B Mac 11:46 AM  

Okay, I'm taking a couple of my favorites:

2) "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (btw... Karen Allen = sneaky hot)

3) Private Jackson in "Saving Private Ryan"

14) Animal House. CLASSIC.

Joel 12:10 PM  

Okay... #1 Predator (The Governator to Apollo Creed)

#5 True Lies (Great line from Tom Arnold)

#8 Office Space. (who doesn't love Dr. Cox?!?!)

Okay... looking at this, I know them all... so I'll mop up some of the harder ones instead of just going straight at it...

#4 Monty Python (Holy Grail)

#6 What About Bob (LOVE IT!)

#13 Pulp Fiction (Top 5 for me!)

NOW, where is this line from:

"What? You wanna finish her off?"

or

"Seven cents Vern?"

Joel 1:38 PM  

Okay, I'll do another hard one:

#7 Amadeus

Joel 1:44 PM  

How about this one Smitty:

"Every nerve ending, all of my
senses, the blood in my veins,
everything I has was screaming,
'Take off, man, just take off, get
the fuck outta there!' Panic hit
me like a bucket of water. First
there was the shock of it--BAM,
right in the face! Then I'm just
standin there drenched in panic."

B Mac 1:52 PM  

#12 = Patton

Noah 2:02 PM  

What? You wanna finish her off

Fight Club

Seven cents Vern

Stumped. Dunno.

Every nerve ending, all of my
senses, the blood in my veins,
everything I has was screaming,
'Take off, man, just take off, get
the fuck outta there!' Panic hit
me like a bucket of water. First
there was the shock of it--BAM,
right in the face! Then I'm just
standin there drenched in panic


Easy. Reservoir Dogs. The bathroom scene when he has drugs in his pocket and the two cops come in with the dog.

We've got 9, 10 and 15 left. Even though the quote I used for Amadeus is totally obscure and I think Joel cheated...I'll still give it to him.

B Mac 2:19 PM  

I'll take #10, which I believe is the original Star Wars (though if it was from episodes 5 or 6, I wouldn't be shocked).

I know the trilogy for #9, but no clue which of the three it comes from. I'll leave that to my fellow dorks.

As for #15... I know the story, but NO clue which version it is. A Will Ferrell remake, maybe?

B Mac 2:33 PM  

And Joel, for quoting Corey Feldman I deduct two points from your score.

Plus now I'll be whistling that damn song for the next three days...

Joel 3:24 PM  

cheat for Amadeus? NO WAY. Know that one like the back of my hand.

MOZART
Because here everything goes backwards. People walk backwards,
dance backwards, sing backwards, and talk backwards.

CONSTANZE
That's stupid.

MOZART
Why? People fart backwards.

CONSTANZE
Do you think that's funny?


MOZART
Yes, I think it's brilliant. You've been doing it for years.

Joel 3:57 PM  

Well, b mac's already pretty much answered the last two, 9 and 15... that would be The Fellowship of the Ring (#1 of the triology) and Excalibur, respectively.

Oh, and that wasn't a line delivered by Corey Feldman. I do believe Wil Wheaton was the member of the quintet that questioned Vern's contribution to the hamburger fund.

Noah 4:24 PM  

Joel gets the title.

Okay Joel. Your turn to do a post on this. Try and stump us.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP