Thanksgiving

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gluttony.

Continuing what is essentially a daily tradition here at Around the Keg, we are happy to endorse and rejoice in a day known for over-eating, over-drinking, long naps and football. Again, what's really different than any other day? Well, on Thanksgiving, it's encouraged and expected whereas any other day we practice the above activities, we are yelled-at for being things like "no-good" or "lazy" or "bad parents."

Thanksgiving for Mr. and Mrs. Smitty involves getting to the parents' house and pawning-off the children immediately on the grandparents and other extended family members, under the auspices of "gee you must really want to see them sicne you don't always get a chance to." We then immediately dive into the heaps of appetizers already spread around, and it's all downhill from there.

Things the contributors to ATK are thankful for:

  1. Malted barley
  2. Hops
  3. Yeast
  4. Water
  5. Brown Bottles
  6. Beer glasses (not goggles)
  7. Craft Breweries

Things that Smitty is thankful for:

  1. Beer fridges
  2. Bottle openers
  3. Camera phones
  4. Egyptian cotton sheets
  5. Founders Brewing Company
  6. How I Met Your Mother
  7. Barney Stinson
  8. W.A. Mozart
  9. Baby Einstein
  10. Wrinkle-proof suits
  11. Family, friends, yadda-yadda
  12. XM Comedy stations
  13. Charlie Papazian
  14. ATK's fine list of contributors
  15. ATK's fine "regular" readers

My thanks to all of you. Have a great Thanskgiving, and I'll be back here in a few days. I will think fondly on you and your families every time I hoist a Founders Harvest Ale with every bite of turkey.

4 comments:

Mike 5:31 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving Smitty! Hoist a few for me tomorrow.

(And here's hoping you & your Lions can earn that win. Hopefully my boys softened up the Titans for you.)

Steve M. 2:58 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I have a beer conundrum for Thanksgiving this year... My last (ever) bottle of Bell's Batch 8000, or a 2-year old bottle of Westmalle Trappist Tripel... I think I'm going with the Batch 8000, since it was not "meant" to be an aging beer and is already 18 months old. Honestly, I think this beer aged much better than Bell's expected, I had a bottle 4 or 5 months ago and still thoroughly enjoyed it.

One other thing we CANNOT forget to be thankful for... The Internet!! [and all the IT guys who keep it running ;-) ]

Steve M. 3:00 PM  

hehehehe... MazdaSpeeder is actually Sopor today, I'm at my father's house (and he happens to be the proud owner of a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata... I LOVE me a Turbocharger!)

Noah 12:21 AM  

I'd have gone with the Bell's too. Westmalle is overrated.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP