Activist Judge

Friday, October 16, 2009

Look! The Right has activist judges too!

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

This fits with the general assbaggery/jackassery thread we've been running today. This I think slips firmly into douchebaggery.

It is not this guy's job to decide who should get married. This is racism through and through. And like all good racists, the phrase he went to right away is the Some Of My Best Friends Are Black Defense:

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
Well maybe I should let-off of this guy a bit. I do admire the fact that he lets the coloreds African Americans use his bathroom.

My favorite is his very scientific sociological study regarding perceptions in various communities about children of opposite or mixed races:
Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."
Oh, I get it. He is trying to do this child a favor by protecting it from ridicule at the hands and cruel adults who will look down on a baby who identifies with more than one racial background.

Fine this douchebag. Take away his law license. He is unfit to serve any justice on any community.

11 comments:

steves 11:12 AM  

That guy should be removed from the bench and disbarred. I loathe the term activist because it is often used to describe a court that issues an opinion that someone disagrees with. In this case, the judge is just plain 100% wrong and operating outside of the law.

This I think slips firmly into douchebaggery.

I think it goes beyond that into dicknobbery or fuckwittery.

With all due respect to any readers that live in the "South" or are from the "South," I have a hard time understanding y'all.

Bob 12:25 PM  

I hate to admit, I am related to someone who often used to say that interracial marriage was unfair to the children because they would never be accepted by either group.

I saw a statistic yesterday at Politico that contradicts this:

“Gallup surveys indicate that only 48 percent of Americans approved of marriage between blacks and whites as recently as 1994, a number that had risen to 77 percent by 2007.”

link:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/28417/Most-Americans-Approve-Interracial-Marriages.aspx#

When people say things are changing, they may be right.

This redneck judge isn't making law, or determining constitutionality. He is violating the law.

Monk-in-Training 1:16 PM  

I have to admit, I certianly have learned many new... colorful metaphors & creative ajectives... since visiting this blog. :)

That is the same argument I have heard since I was a wee lad myself. I see similar epithets used against hispanics and gays, it is a never ending fight against injustice.

Br. James Patrick

Bob 1:30 PM  

" have to admit, I certianly have learned many new... colorful metaphors & creative ajectives... since visiting this blog."

I hope this is a good thing. If so, glad we could be of service.

We are pleased you are coming by...

Noah 2:52 PM  

Very true, Monk. Thanks for visiting us, and welcome! We're glad to have you.

Monk-in-Training 3:07 PM  

Thank you again for the welcome. I am enjoying my time here!!

While I probably won't pass on some of the more erudite imagery, I am learning new and intersting viewpoiints on current events.

Are most of you in the northern part of the USA? I am in Oklahoma.

Noah 3:12 PM  

Are most of you in the northern part of the USA?

Bob, steve, Sopor (you may not have seen him yet) and I are from Michigan. B Mac is at law school at Notre Dame (BOO). Rickey is a New Yawker.

While I probably won't pass on some of the more erudite imagery

We are unable to clean up our acts or our mouths. Sorry. Glad you can handle the...um...language. We're not a family-friendly blog, but we are topical and relevant at least!

Monk-in-Training 9:27 PM  

Lord, have Mercy, a blog full of Yankees! ;)

I am amazed and intrigued by your lil crew, and if you can tolerate this medieval throwback, I am certainly enjoying the conversion, and wouldn't have you be anyone but who you are.

Words are just that, and St. Paul let a few choice ones fly himself. I almost can't wait to see what comes next.

Mr Furious 12:11 AM  

I was just sitting down to write my D.O.W. post on this story.

One of those unbelievable, yet 100% believable stories. If that makes any sense.

That asshole should lose his position as JoP, and be disbarred.

And good for Jindel for coming out hard on this.

Monk-in-Training 11:59 AM  

Mr. Furious

What is D.O.W. ?

Mr Furious 2:38 PM  

My not-even-really-semi-regular "Dick of the Week" award at my blog.

Post a Comment

Followers

Potential Drunks

Search This Blog

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP